Gander is a free premium responsive WordPress theme from fabthemes.com. This theme is built on Bootstrap 3 framework. This is a job board wordpress theme. This lets you post job opportunities and receive applications from prospective employees. The theme comes with custom homepage, page templates and plugins required to run the job board.
The theme requires few plugins to work the way it is originally intended to. You will find a notification on the admin panel prompting you to install the required plugins. Please install and activate the plugins.
- WP Job Manager – This plugin is required to run the Job board function.
- WordPress SEO by Yoast – This plugin is required for better SEO and breadcrumb navigation.
1. Installing theme
Download the theme zip file from Fabthemes.com. Open your WordPress admin panel and go to Appearence > Themes . Click Add new and then Upload the theme to your themes directory and activate it.
2. Install plugins
After theme activation, you will find a notification that prompts you to install and activate the 2 required plugins listed earlier. Please install and activate them.
3. WP Job Manager pages
The job manager plugin normally automatically creates few pages for Job board function. If it is not created already you can create them yourselves. These are just pages with Job manager specific shortcodes in them.
- Job Page – Create a new page with title Jobs and add the [jobs] shortcode to the content area and publish it. Use the full width page template for sidebar free visual experince.
- Job submit page – Create a new page with Job Submit title and add the[submit_job_form] shortcode to it and publish the page. This will give you the Job submission form through which your visitors can post job openings.
- Job Dashboard – This is a page that lets the admin to manage the job entries via the front end. Just create a new page called Job dashboard and use the shortcode[job_dashboard] in the content.
4. Import sample data
Sample xml data is available for the theme. You can use it to test run the theme before you post your actual data.
5. Saving theme options
The theme comes with an options page. You can save the options page with its default values to see how the content is laid out. Then you can customize the options as required for your site.
Wp Job Manager documentation
The theme uses WP Job manager WordPress plugin to setup and run the Job board. This is a very powerful and feature rich plugin. You can the detailed documentaion of how to use this plugin here – https://wpjobmanager.com/documentation/
Theme comes with an options panel to customize its settings.
1. Hero section
This is the section below the header on the homepage. You have the option to set a hero title and text below it.
Select the pages for Jobs page and Job Submission page.
2. Features section
This is a widgetized section on the homepage. You can put the Features Widget in the Homepage widget area. In the options panel you have the option to set a custom title and subtext.
3. Job listing section
There is a job listing section on the homepage . You can customize the title and subtext of this section.
4. Blog section
There is a blog section on the homepage, that lists the latest 4 blog entries. You can customize the title and subtext of this section.
5. Custom styling
Use this options to color customize your theme.
6. Banner settings
Use this options to customize the banner ads on the sidebar.